Veneers are one of the most conservative restorations in our cosmetic “tool bag”. They are wafer-thin shells of porcelain that are permanently bonded to teeth.
Veneers are a great way to repair teeth, which are:
- Teeth worn down due to age
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Misaligned or crooked teeth
- Close gaps between teeth
A cosmetic veneer does not encompass the entire tooth, instead, they only cover the visible part of the tooth. This preserves a large amount of the natural tooth structure. A small layer of the natural tooth is removed to allow space for the veneer. Veneers can straighten, lengthen, and whiten teeth to create a beautiful smile and a more comfortable bite position.
The benefits of porcelain veneers:
- They are non-pours, meaning they won’t stain.
- They are non-abrasive to opposing teeth.
- They are incredibly resilient, strong & durable.