A crown is a type of dental restoration that covers the entire visible surface of a tooth. A dental crown helps to preserve the functionality of damaged teeth, protect a cracked tooth, or restore functionality of a tooth with excessive decay.
Crowns may be used to:
- Replace a tooth that has had a large filling
- Protect a weak tooth from fracturing
- Restore a fractured tooth
- Attach a bridge
- Cover a dental implant
- Cover discolored or misshaped tooth
- Cover a tooth that has had a root canal treatment
Thanks to advancements in dental technology, crowns look more natural & and don’t form those tell-tale gray lines at your gum line. Today’s all-ceramic crowns are metal free, very strong, and natural looking. Unlike veneers, have the ability to cover very dark internal tooth structures.
Crowns are very effective in improving a tooth’s undesired appearance. A ceramic crown will become a tooth’s new stronger, more desirable outer surface.