YOUR FIRST DENTAL VISIT
At Anthony Martin Dentistry we promise to make your first dental visit a pleasant experience!
It is our goal to make your visit relaxing and informative, so that you stay happy and healthy. We welcome you to Anthony Martin Dentistry, and look forward to working with you!
Prepare for your first dental visit by:
- Making a list of questions to ask. Include any concerns you may have, or oral problems you have been experiencing
- If you have dental insurance, please bring your insurance card with you
- Bring your completed Patient Information Forms
During your first dental visit with us, we will:
- Take time to listen to your questions, concerns, and expectations.
- Review your complete dental and medical health
- Take X-rays of your mouth, if needed
- Discuss different treatment options
After your first exam, don’t forget to schedule regular check ups & cleanings
Your child’s first trip to the dentist:
The American Dental Association recommends that a child should visit a dentist by their first birthday or receive their first tooth. Introducing professional dental care early is the best way to ensure a healthy smile for life!
To guarantee a successful first visit, it is important to properly prepare your child for their visit. Be careful in the words your chose when telling your child about their first dental visit. Avoid using negative words, such as hurt, needles or drill. These words may induce unnecessary dental anxieties. Instead, speak in general terms and stay positive. After all, visiting the dentist makes you feel great! Remember to lead by example, when your children see you practicing good oral habits it will motivate and encourage them to do the same!