To ensure that your teeth and gums are healthy, it is important to practice good oral hygiene also called preventative care. Practicing good dental hygiene habits and scheduling regular checkups will help your smile stay healthy & beautiful.
Here are a few tips on keeping plaque and cavities away:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a soft bristled toothbrush
- Replace your toothbrush every three or four months
- Use a toothpaste that contains fluoride
- Don’t forget to brush the top of your tongue to remove extra food & bacteria.
- Floss your teeth at least once a day
- Eat a balanced diet, and avoid sugary foods
- Eating nutritious foods like raw veggies, plain yogurt, cheese or fruit, will aid in keeping teeth healthy
- Schedule professional cleanings every 6 months
- Ask how sealants can help to protect your teeth from decay
At Martin Dentistry we want to ensure that your teeth & gums are always at their best. During your check-up will cover all aspects of your dental health, including:
- Which toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, and other products we recommend for your teeth.
- We will assess your dental history and current oral health, and recommend how many cleanings a year are best for you.
- We will asses your risk for any dental diseases and recommend any changes you should implement to lower your risk.
If it’s been more than six months since your last dental check up, it’s time to contact our office at 757 886-0300 and schedule your appointment!